Honey Orange Glazed Salmon With Orange Almond Couscous
Ingredients1 cup florida orange juice
1 1⁄2 lbs whole wild salmon fillets
2 tablespoons honey
3 slices fresh gingerroot
1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat couscous
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 cups arugula
1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (2-3 onions)
1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
2 cups water
salt and pepper
1⁄2 cup florida orange juice
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
Directions1. Prepare salmon by removing skin and bones (if attached) and cutting into 4 to 6 fillets. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Whisk together all salad dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. In medium saucepan, combine orange juice, honey and ginger root and bring to a simmer. Reduce by half, remove ginger, and set aside.
4. In another medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add couscous and 1 tbsp of olive oil, stir and remove from the heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool in a large bowl.
5. Once cooled, add arugula, green onion and almonds. Toss salad with dressing.
6. Coat large frying pan with 1 to 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Place salmon fillets in the pan. Cook until golden brown on one side, 3 to 4 minutes, then flip. Immediately add orange sauce to the pan. Spoon it over the fillets to make a glaze while cooking for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until salmon is done.
7. Serve glazed salmon over couscous salad and enjoy.
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at @maryjjohnson34 via Food.com
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.